Author Topic: Missing jetways at Glasgow 2020HD  (Read 146 times)

Neil King

• View Profile
Missing jetways at Glasgow 2020HD
« on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:59 PM »
Hi, I am using FSX-SE and some of the jetways at Glasgow appear to be missing - see screengrab.

What might have caused this and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Gary Summons

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Missing jetways at Glasgow 2020HD
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 11:53:02 AM »
Have you installed UK2000 Scenery common library?

Do you use SODE OR GSX?

Also make you only have one Glasgow addon. Fsx Can't display jetways if you have two.
Finally make sure your Scenery complexity is set to max or they will not show.

Neil King

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 12:49:59 AM »
Hi Gary and thanks for replying

I've got the UK2K common library and Scenery Complexity is at extremely dense.

I don't know what SODE or GSX are although I noticed folders called SODE in the common library and Glasgow 2020HD folders - is there something I need to be checking there?

The only other addon I have that might be relevant is Orbx Scotland but it doesn't seem to be causing any jetway issues at the UK2K Edinburgh Xtreme.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

Neil

Gary Summons

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 09:28:04 AM »
It could still be Orbx causing this. Disable it and look again.

Any Exclude file that covers the ref point of the airport will exclude all jetways in all areas regardless of scenery layer proprieties, its a classic FSX/P3D bug and one the many reason why I abandoned those old sim. I cant control what happens to give the user a consistence experience in what they all see,  it always relies on other addons not interfering with the airport.

You should also check the actual scenery BGL is in your product scenery folder as anti-virus software can stop the options.exe form working.

egpf_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl or egpf_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl should be in the Glasgow scenery folder.

Neil King

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 08:35:24 PM »
Thanks for replying again Gary

I did try disabling Orbx (unchecking the 'Enabled' box) but that didn't make any difference.

I've got egpf_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl in the GLA scenery folder (but not egpf_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl).

Do you think it's worth uninstalling and reinstalling? I say that because I seem to have this mysterious syndrome with my FSX that textures periodically just vanish from their folders. It's usually on aircraft but I think it maybe once happened with a scenery as well. So is it possible some jetway texture has vanished in this way and could be restored by reinstalling??

Thanks again.

Neil

Christopher Low

• BETA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 08:01:27 AM »
I would try disabling the ORBx EGPF files themselves. Any ORBx BGL files that start with "EGPF...." can be disabled by changing the suffix to ".OFF".
UK2000 Beta Tester

Neil King

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 06:22:54 PM »
I would try disabling the ORBx EGPF files themselves. Any ORBx BGL files that start with "EGPF...." can be disabled by changing the suffix to ".OFF".

Thanks for replying Christopher. So I changed the suffixes of ADE_FTX_SCO_EGPF.BGL & ADE_FTX_SCO_EGPF_CVX.bgl in ORBX to.OFF but that didn't work - still no jetways.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Neil

Gary Summons

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »
Rename your FSX folder to FSXORG(or something), then reinstall FSX fresh and Glasgow, see if the jetways are there You can then re-add other addons. At any point you can go back to your original install, be swapping the folder name again.